13 April 2016

A Summer Hat, A Granny Square Baby Dress, A Test Crochet Shawl & Sweet Vanilla Fudge Poncho - Super Busy


Not trying to be a super crafter, (ala super girl) here, but got tempted and attempt to do 3 projects for the month of March, and I'm so glad I was able to finish all three just in time for my April 5 poncho project which I got to finish in just 6days! Hooray!



The first project I did was the summer hat, this is from a japanese magazine I found on the internet(Beautiful Crochet Spring/Summer 23 美しいかぎ針編 春夏23).

I had a great time doing the hat, it's a little bit big for Ayelle right now, but I think it will be a perfect fit once we got to Manila this summer.





Pattern Source: Beautiful Crochet Spring/Summer 23 美しいかぎ針編 春夏23
Materials Used: DMC Petra Crochet Cotton Size 3 [photo ]
Hook Size: 3.50mm
Project started: 12.03.2016
Project finished: 14.03.2016


The next project well, this one is such a charmer. It took me a lot of courage to make this and have kept my fingers crossed while I crochet away, hoping I could make this fit for my 1yr old angel.

But of course knowing me, my first attempt was unsuccessful, the skirt part was a bit tight in the rear area and instead of it looking like an A-line, it was a straight one, so I ripped the whole thing and redo the skirt, this time I used a larger hook didn't add any stitches, somehow it dawned on me that I can do an alternative way, but will try to do what I think is much better idea on my next dress project.

I found the pattern on the net [don't you just love the internet!], but forgot to save the link, so I guess I can just put it here? Or if you're interested drop me a message and will send it to you privately. I believe this is actually adapted from an original Japanese pattern - Let's Knit Series - European Handknitting 2013 spring/summer (ヨーロッパの手あみ 2013春夏).




Granny Square Dress

Pattern source: adapted from Let's Knit Series - European Handknitting 2013 spring/summer (ヨーロッパの手あみ 2013春夏) found on page 52
Materials used: DMC Tradition Size 10 - Pink & Ecru [photo] [photo]
Hook size: 2.00mm & 2.25mm
Project started: 20.03.2016
Project finished: 03.04.2016
Item size: for one year old

And as if my life is not that busy, I took a test crochet shawl project deadline first week of April! Surprisingly the pattern is very easy, a mindless crochet work but rewarding after blocking -
seeing how it enfolds before your eyes while blocking is really something - no regrets taking this task! I'm so happy I did this one.

The project is by Katya Novikova and this shawl is called Black Sea and I called my shawl Pacific.

Pacific

Pattern source: Black Sea
Materials: JaggerSpun Zephyr Wool-Silk 2/18 [photo]
Hook size: 3.5mm (E)
Project started: 21.03.2016
Project finished: 30.03.2016

Finally the latest one is a pattern from garnstudio - DROPS, this one is called Sweet Martine, but I named it Sweet Vanilla Fudge.

Immediately, I was swoon over the first time I laid my eyes on this baby. Ever since then,I have been dreaming of making this one, but not sure if I will make it for myself or if it will be presented as a gift, and knowing myself, I eventually decided to make it as a gift for my sister-in-law, I mentioned in my previous post that I will make a handmade gift for my sis-in-law every time I visit Manila, as a thank you gesture for taking care of the family.

And so here is the poncho and because this was well accepted in my crochet group, I am planning on making one for myself hopefully soon...



Sweet Vanilla Fudge

Pattern source: Sweet Martine
Materials: King Cole Cottonsoft Fudge - [photo] & Vanilla - [photo]
Hook size: 4.00mm (G)
Project started: 05.04.2016
Project finished: 11.04.2016
Item size: S/M & L/XL

And now that they are all presented to you I am now planning my next project.. another summer dress, and hopefully I will be able to post photos after I finished the dress... but what if I post photos of the
dress as I go along? Hmmm... another matter to consider...

And oh did I mentioned that after I post the photos of the poncho on my FB, my youngest sister has asked me to make her the same with the exact color?!, well how can I say no? Good thing there is still more time to
order the yarn and make it...

... am now looking forward to making my next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment