Please bear with me as I try to give justice on presenting this project I made using my very own pattern for the first time. I am so happy to have made this bottle carrier, as this is my very own pattern - couldn't have stress that enough.
I made it without any pattern or adapting other creative people's work. I was challenge to do this because I told myself that I can't always depend on other people's work and echo them on my blog. It's time that I should also post a project that I can really call my work. This may sound so plain to most of you, but it really feels good that accomplishing such tasks is very rewarding and addictive.
Here are the details of the project. I'll try to make the pattern as comprehensible as possible. So, please pardon me if there are areas that are not clear as I am new to this - pattern writing. You are free to use this pattern, just don't post this patten stating as your own, just indicate and put a link to my blog. You can email me if you have any questions.
Project: Starbucks Bottle Carrier
Pattern: Jinky Flaviano
Materials: Scheepjeswol - Ahoy 55% Wool, 35% Viscose 10% Chlorofibre in Moss green
1. Make an adjustable ring.
2. Then make 18 dc and don't close. Continue doing the rounds until you have the bottom has the same size as the starbucks bottom.
3. Make 5 sc then make 2 sc on the same stitch, all through out the round.
4. Make 6 sc then make 2 sc on the same stitch, all through out the round.
5. Make sc all through out until you reaches the wider part of the lower portion of the tumbler.
6. To make the yarn hug the body of the tumbler, do 5 sc, and make sc2together on next stitch
7. Do 6 sc and make sc2together on the next stitch.
8. Make sc all through out until you reaches the top wider part of the tumbler.
9. This time repeat the steps 3-4
10. Make a sl st then sc on the same beginning stitch, ch 3 sk 2 sp 2 sc continue all all round.
11. Sl st, sc on the same beginning stitch ch 1 3 sc on the ch-3 repeat .
12. Weave ends.
For the drawstring.
1. Ch 150, and sl st on the 2nd st from hook, do sl st all through out the row.
2. Weave the drawstring on the open stitches made same with the other on the opposite side. Knot both ends of the string and Weave Ends.
Voila!I hope my DH like his starbucks bottle carrier I made especially for him.
Here are the step by step photo I took last night.